Wanted parolee detained after 4-hour Sacramento standoff | News
SACRAMENTO, CA - A man originally suspected to be a prowler by a Sacramento woman, tunred out to be her boyfriend breaking into her home Monday night, Sacramento police say.
The woman managed to escape unharmed, but the man barricaded himself inside the home on the 2400 block of Connie Drive and refused to come out, police said.
Police and SWAT units were dispatched to the scene shortly after 7 p.m.
Neighboring homes were evacuated as a precautionary measure and the stretch of Connie Dr. between Silican Ave. and El Camino Ave. was blocked off.
The man eventually surrendered around 11:40 p.m. and was taken into custody.
Upcoming Events near Arden / La Riviera
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- Updates—41st and I Street Construction Projects