1 person badly injured in Arden-Arcade house fire | News
SACRAMENTO, CA - One person was seriously injured in a house fire Tuesday morning, according to Sacramento Metro Fire District.
The fire started in the kitchen of a home on the 2800 block of Joseph Avenue sometime before 8:48 a.m. when firefighters arrived, according to Engineer James B. Lee.
The victim was found in a back bedroom and transported to the UC Davis Medical Center in critical condition, Lee said.
Another person in the house was also helped out by firefighters. That person wasn't injured.
Crews encountered heavy smoke in the home, Lee said, but were able to keep the flames contained to the kitchen.
Lee said there were no working smoke detectors.
The exact cause of the fire was under investigation.
Upcoming Events near Arden / La Riviera
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- Updates—41st and I Street Construction Projects