Woman killed while paying respects at Arden vigil | News
SACRAMENTO- The Sacramento County coroner was called to the same neighborhood twice in as many days after a 79-year-old woman was killed while paying her respects at a vigil Monday night.
Witnesses said dozens of people had gathered on a dark El Camino Avenue around 8 p.m. for a candlelight memorialization of a man killed in a collision with a suspected drunk driver.
Police said as Kathryn O'Farrell walked to the vigil, she was struck by an SUV.
"Boom! It was a big crash from what we heard," said Kizzy Williams. "The lady who was hit was standing right behind me. She came from across the street because she saw the accident yesterday so she was coming to bring flowers to the vigil. I don't know why the driver, who was totally sober, I don't know why he didn't stop, but he ended up crashing into the lady. The lady was standing behind my husband and I and we ended up getting grazed."
Police say the driver remained on seen after the crash and was badly shaken up. They say alcohol was not a factor.
By Suzanne Phan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Events near Arden / La Riviera
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Radio Studio Remodeled, Hope for New FM Station Soon
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village