SACRAMENTO - A house fire on Saturday night leaves one man dead and others without a home in Arden Arcade.
The fire started around 7:30 at the 2100 block of Landon Street
When the Sacramento Metro Fire Department arrived they were told by neighbors that there was possibly someone still inside the home. During the search of a home they discovered an unconcious man sitting in a recliner in a front room. He was pulled from the home but did not survive.
Neighbors also told firefighters that they believed there to be two more adults in the home, but a second search showed the man to be alone at the time of the fire.
Investigators on scene tell News10 that they believe the fire was started by cigarette butts left outside the home. It appears that heavy winds swept the cigarettes into the home where they started a fire.